It is not always easy to tell if child sexual abuse is happening especially if the possible abuser is another child. Remember, you are not on your own; you only need to decide that it would be helpful to have someone else look at what is going on.
Do you know someone who:
- Takes younger children to secret places? (e.g. forts, hideouts,woods, etc.)
- Plays “secret” games with younger children? (e.g. doctor, “pants down” games, etc.)
- Plays games with a child that the adolescent would otherwise avoid or hate? (e.g. adolescents playing “house” with a child of five?)
- Experience sudden wide range changes in moods or habits? (e.g. refuses to leave his or her room or expresses anger in unexpected outbursts)
- Insists on hugging or kissing a child when the child does not want to be hugged or kissed?
- Tells you he or she does not want to be left alone…
View original post 146 more words